Labor Day (no school)
Traditional choice model PreK-2 return to school
Traditional Choice model 3-5 return to school
We encourage our parents to allow teacher to do a Universal Screener on their students called the BESS that can offer help for our students. However, we understand that you may not want this for your child. If you would like to opt out of the BESS Universal Screener, please click on the link that follows and put your child's name, your name, teacher name, and date. Thanks.
Dimon's Mission Statement
The Dimon community of diverse learners takes pride in being highly competitive, resourceful and committed to creating a STEM school where students are inspired to be creative and equip students to achieve their potential.
To see completed videos, go here: https://flipgrid.com/7cc2a5e9
Click on this picture to learn more about MCSD's response to Covid-19
Dad returns home to see his son.
Check out the video!
Letter from our Principal:
Dear Dimon Parents,
We are excited to welcome…
Kdg, first and second grade students back in-person Monday, September 14th and
third, fourth and fifth grade students back in-person Monday, September 21st.
This will look quite different from last year as we work through the challenges associated with COVID-19 and social distancing. Please read the message below in its entirety to understand the changes that will be implemented.
• If your child is showing any signs of illness, please keep them at home.
• Parents are encouraged to bring students to school to minimize the number of students on buses.
• Temperature screenings for staff and students entering the building will take place. Anyone with temps over 100 or higher will be sent home.
• Only faculty and staff will be allowed in the building during drop off and pick up.
• We cannot guarantee 3-6 feet of social distancing in the building or on campus at all times, but will promote and encourage appropriate distancing and proper hygiene.
• Students will participate in all assigned learning environments to include art, music, and gym.
• Parents are not allowed to join students for meals or visit the classrooms.
• All students and staff are required to wear a mask each day. Students must bring their own mask each day. Masks may have images on them, but must be free of printed words. (The exceptions to this rule are wearing masks that supports higher education, for example, a college team, high school, or a mask with your child’s name/initials.)
• Visitors are not allowed in the building during the school day. If you need to check your child out, you may report to window by the office. Please ensure your child has lunch boxes, backpacks homework etc. before leaving home.
• Students must wear close-toed shoes every day. (We recommend tennis shoes.)
• The late bell rings at 7:55 a.m. daily.
• Bus Pass –Your student does not need it to ride to school the first day. The teacher will give your student a hard copy of it on their first day back to school so that they will have it to ride the bus home. If you have not requested a bus pass please do so as soon as possible. Please arrive at your bus stop 15 minutes before your pick up time in the morning and 15 minutes after drop off in the afternoon.
• Car Rider Tags – You should have received a car tag number from your child’s teacher. You will get the printed copy for your car visor by Wednesday, September 16. If you did not receive a car tag number please call the school, 706-683-8772.
To ensure the safety of our students, we would like to inform you of our drop off and pick up procedures.
Morning Drop Off
• 7:15 a.m. - Bus and daycares will drop off in the bus loop of the school
• 7:15 a.m. - Car-riders may be dropped off.
• We will not allow car riders in the building prior to 7:15 a.m.
• All students will have their temperatures taken before their parents leave the car loop line.
• Parents will not be allowed to walk students in the building.
Upon arrival all students will to get a grab and go breakfast from the cafeteria and will go directly to their classroom.
Afternoon Pick Up
• Buses will pick up students first.
• All car riders will be called as parents enter the loop.
For the first three days parents will need to put their child’s name and car tag number on a piece of paper in their car window. We will have the car tags ready to go home by Wednesday, September 16. After that date you MUST have your car rider number hanging in the front window of your car to receive your student.
• Please be patient with us as students load cars for the first few weeks. We are concerned about safety first and not the time it takes to load students. After the first two weeks, car rider lines move more quickly and smoothly.
We appreciate all of your support!